Global Challenges Travel Scholarships
2017 Travel Scholarships
*** NOW CLOSED ***
The Global Challenges Travel Scholarships Video Challenge enables current students undertaking a research degree at UOW that aligns with one of our Global Challenges to travel to a destination of their choice to support their research.
The fourth HDR Travel Scholarship Video Challenge CLOSED midnight 31 October, 2017. Up to 10 scholarships for travel to be taken in 2018 will be awarded. Winners will be announced in December, 2017. For how to apply and conditions of entry see below.
2017 Global Challenges Video Challenge: CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
· Videos must be no longer than 2 minutes in length
· Videos must be uploaded to Vimeo, marked as "public" in security settings and shared with the Global Challenges Vimeo account using the arrow on the right - UOW Global Challenges Program.
· Students must email their name, student number, primary supervisor name, faculty and the title of their video presentation and link to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive receipt of entry. Video entries will be acknowledged by a Global Challenges staff member during business hours.
· Students must describe the “big picture” problem their PhD is addressing and how it aligns with one of the Global Challenges. Ensure you check our website for details on our four challenge themes.
· Videos must be uploaded between October 1 and midnight on October 31, 2017
· No late videos will be accepted. Videos uploaded to Vimeo must have a time stamp before midnight on October 31, 2017 to be eligible.
· Students must be enrolled in a research degree at UOW at the time of application and travel
· Enrolment must be at least 0.5 FTE
· The travel destination does not need to be known at the time of application
All entries will be viewed and judged by the Global Challenges Program Leaders. They will be assessed based on the following criteria:
· Quality of research project
· How well the project addresses one of the Global Challenges - ensure you read about each of the challenge themes here.
· Quality of presentation
· Up to 10 travel scholarships will be awarded
· $2000 to be paid into a UOW account to support travel, which includes conferences, fieldwork, and research exchange
· The winners will be announced on December 1, 2017.
· The winning applications will be decided by the Global Challenges Program Leaders
· All decisions are final
· The winners’ videos will be uploaded to the Global Challenges website once announced
· Prize will be available through a UOW account and must be approved by the appropriate school/faculty
· Students must be enrolled in a research degree at UOW (at least 0.5 FTE) at the time of travel
· Travel must be undertaken by the end of 2018
· Students must acknowledge Global Challenges’ support of the trip
· Students must write a blog post about the trip within a month of their return (with the help of the Global Challenges Marketing and Communications Officer, if necessary)